One of the major benefits of vinyl fences is that they don’t require much attention at all, but that doesn’t mean there is no maintenance required. For 364 days of the year you can appreciate the beauty of your vinyl fence but cleaning it once a year will help remove grime, dirt, plant matter, and algae – keeping your fence looking pristine.
Since your fence is exposed to the outdoor elements every day, it will get dirty (there is no way around it), but luckily cleaning your vinyl fence is quite simple.
Power washing is a great way to clean a vinyl fence, but if you don’t have one don’t worry! You probably already have all the items you need in your home. They are:
- Garden hose
- Gallon bucket
- Brush with stiff bristles (preferably nylon)
- Store-bought vinyl fence cleaner or you can make a homemade solution by mixing:
- ⅓ cup of laundry detergent or dish soap
- ⅔ TSP (trisodium phosphate) cleaner
- 1 gallon or 16 cups of water
Steps to Clean Your Vinyl Fence
- Mix your cleaning solution in your bucket (never use bleach as it will damage your fence and plants)
- Take your garden hose and wet one section of the vinyl fence
- Soak your stiff-bristled brush in the cleaning solution and scrub any areas on the fence that show staining. You don’t necessarily need to scrub every inch of the fence
- After scrubbing, rinse both the soap and the residue with the garden hose
- Repeat the process section by section until the entire fence is clean
- Be sure to rinse the fence thoroughly so no film will form on it
Interested in Vinyl Fencing?
If you’re looking to update your existing fence or install a new vinyl fence for your home or business, our experienced team would be happy to help you out. Globe Fence & Railings Inc. is proud to serve Stamford, CT, Greenwich, CT, Westchester, NY, and the surrounding communities. Contact us today to get started!